Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Building Blocks



"Building blocks"

Everyday I am reminded
that I made something so beautiful
you make me feel like the first snow fall
everything that was dead, covered in a blanket of new hope
Your eyes, like smaller versions of almonds
dark like your fathers, but bright, so very bright
sometimes your smile is so full of light
it hurts me, like tears of joy
I want to shout from the depths of my lungs
I MADE THIS! THIS! RIGHT HERE!
I added the best amount of right I could have ever thought possible
and sometimes, you are a mixture of rude, anxious, and spoiled
but that's okay, that's what I am here for
to teach you
To mold and shape that magnificent mind,
in hopes that one day, you too
will make something as wonderful
smart
handsome
intelligent
as I have.
           -J.Lajoie

No comments:

Post a Comment