Thursday, October 4, 2012

Do whop sha waaaa

I got bored today and starting writing a story...


” My Own Type Of Sanity”
I wake up to silence and sweat dripping from my forehead. My lips are dry as I smack them together after saturating them with the saliva from my tongue. “Not again…” I say. I look at the clock, it’s 2:04 AM. My dreams have left me exhausted. I stand up and wobble for a second, my body is still not ready to handle reality. I walk to get a drink and think maybe this will help. But it is the same every night… wake up, drink water, lay back down, and then stare at the black ceiling for another hour before my body caves into exhaustion.
   I have kept to myself lately, it keeps life simple. I think maybe one day he might end up back into my life. This wasted life of mine. I turn over to my side and grab my pillow. Squeezing it tightly I sigh. This is getting old and I need something new to occupy my time. Maybe someone new…. perhaps that boy at school. “No, he’s too good looking.” Maybe that guy at work, “No.. I don’t want to mess up anything at work.” Here I am again, thinking maybe being single is the best think possible. I roll over again to my right side. I let out a groan. “I just want to sleep and stop thinking.” I stop thinking about the day and all the things I could have done differently. I close my eyes and pretend I am happy, picturing myself hiking up a hill calling back to my friends, “Hey, hurry up slow pokes. At this rate by the time I get to the top I can smoke a butt before you reach me!” I chuckled and I slowly start to fall. Darkness and weightlessness fill me and I am in sweet somber.
...to be continued..


I haven't written in a long time, it takes a lot for me to get back into writing. I guess something finally clicked in me that brought a part of myself back. Anywho... here is something fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment