Monday, April 8, 2013

Welcome to Love

"Welcome to Love"

Welcome to the adulthood of love,
where the "adult" is fictional,
when getting pissed on is your "Welcome mat",
Welcome to losing your dignity,
hearts being ripped open, your consummation.
I'm in the forever pining club,
highlights consist of smiling at those cute waiters,
that aren't even your server,
and doing everything for someone,
just when they dub you "Knight of the Friend-Zone"
These chasms are endless,
much like my sleepless nights,
or the dried saline on my cheeks.
Surrounded by a world of dark cloud lovers
with good intentions
that never seem to follow through.
And no one will ever know,
just how loud my heart beats,
or when the winds in this field blow,
I hope they are a hurricane that drown my secrets.
                             -J.Lajoie

No comments:

Post a Comment