Sunday, March 24, 2013

Night Light

"Night light"

It's true what they say, you know,
                                                  about misery loving company.
Maybe that's why you kept me,
                                                  holding on for so long.
                                                               Every night I closed my eyes, thinking,
                                 there's a martyr sleeping next to me.
Draining every ounce of me,
                                                     until there was nothing left.
                                                                 I wasn't nothing.
                                                                                            I left.
                                                                                     
                                                                                    - J.Lajoie

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great poem. The feelings associated are so clear and real. Loved the way you ended it, as well.

    ReplyDelete