Friday, March 15, 2013

So many words

As I sit here and try to muster up some brain-power to write a twelve page essay for my English Comp. class, I find my mind drifting to anything but my paper. I have never felt so distracted from my work in my life. Usually papers come pretty easy, not saying they are all A+ papers, but I can usually get a three page paper out in an hour. I wrote a nine page paper in about five hours, well the accumulation of all the hours I actually spent on it. This one is killing me. Analyzing things is one thing, but remembering all the tropes and schemes is seeming to be difficult. I can't just read a paragraph of a professional's work and point out every single word diction and if it is Latinate or Native. I know this is supposed to be challenging, but fuck my brain hurts. Perhaps I just wasn't meant for writing and this is why I am not pursuing Psychology as a career. I fucking hate writing papers. I like writing poetry or stories.... but I just can't put my heart into researching something that doesn't interest me. I suppose that is my failure as a student, I need to work on my caring level.

2 comments:

  1. I never pursued psychology because of the math. I hate stuff like statistics. Writing, like most things, are better some weeks than others. Maybe you're just distracted... Nothing like stepping away from something and then coming back. Although if it's a school paper with a deadline, you might not have enough time to do this :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got most of it done. But for now I am just taking a break from it. It is due wednesday, so I have a little time.

    ReplyDelete