Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Logic

Dear A.B.,
I have come to realize that you need this. You need to be 21 and be a young stallion. The pressures of a kid were too much for you, not to mention the pressures of settling down. I am upset, well scratch that I am more that just upset by the fact that we talked about over and over again how you understood the responsibility that comes with a single mother, but you really weren't ready where you? You thought it was great in theory, but reality bit you in the ass. Being a dad is hard work, and is a great feeling when you are ready and you were not. I also see that you need to be for lack of a better word, a slut for a bit. You are 21 and about to have a bachelor pad, no one wants to be tied down worrying about gfs/bfs. You want to explore yourself and the world. I did to, unfortunately at 21 I was pregnant and was ready to take on the responsibilities of motherhood. That was me though, my life and not yours. I wish for you to find yourself and see the many possibilities the world holds for you. I will go to school and continue my life as I always have. I am ready for things you are not, and that is okay. No one can hold you back but yourself.

Mikey misses you and wants to see you, Connor, and Braedon. I told him what happened and he was very upset but I told him how you love him very much and I am sure you miss him too. I think that is what you would have told him if you had to tell him about our break up. He doesn't understand, but he'll continue to ask about you and I'll continue to say you are at home until he stops or understands completely.

 Please don't worry about me, I am fine. I am better everyday that passes. Some hours are worse than others, but I can still function. Hearts heal with time, and hey it's like I am one more heartbreak closer to my happy ending. Perhaps one day you will  be my happy ending... and maybe you won't. I am just not going to bring myself to a level where I am pathetic. That's pointless and crying isn't going to bring you back or change your mind. I know even this won't even make you think twice, but at least I can say that I am a good person. I had no problem with you being yourself. I am glad I was there for you and helped with your transition. I hope you never look down at yourself and think bad thoughts. I hope your top surgery goes well, and I hope all the people that care and love you will be by your side when you need them most.

I hope you don't take the bad thoughts with you when you remember me. I don't want to think back and get upset, and neither should you. Promise me you will always think good thoughts about me, even if the promises you have made you didn't keep... just keep this one.

Sincerely,
I know where I stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment