Friday, December 7, 2012

Who was I?

"Who was I?"


The fear ran me down
streaming through my veins
and I ask....

Where were you?
when I screamed your name
restless nights, sobbing
my body caving inward
convulsing without your love....

And where were you?
when I fell to my knees
I begged for you...

Pleading my devotion
filling myself with delusions
until I became numb...

Where were you?
when this pill jar became empty
my stomach full of choices gone wrong
ripped apart and useless....

That was me

Where were you?
when I lost myself
when my days became endless cycles
of eyes rewinding
trying to find the hint
of where our paths went astray...

And who was I?
without you
comrade of giants
carefree thinker
beautiful dreamer
and best of all...

immune to your absence.
                 
                             -J.Lajoie

No comments:

Post a Comment