Sunday, February 13, 2011

...and then she said

So these are the books I now have in my ownership. I'm not quite sure what I like yet, so I got a bunch.

The Clique
Bones
Strangers In Death
Thursday Next
The Way Of The World
Butch Is A Noun
Girl, Interrupted
The Secret Year
The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
The Unquiet Mind
Get Me Out Of Here
A Little Book On Love

( If you'd read any of these I would love to hear what you thought of them. )

That should keep me busy for awhile. :)



Tomorrow I officially register for my classes.
I also will be able to register a vehicle....annnddddd will be most likely buying a vehicle.

Oh, tomorrow is Valentine's Day isn't it? Weird. I have no plans with anyone, but I'm okay with that. The last three years of  V-Day have been pretty shitty for me, and that's when I was in a relationship. I am glad I am actually single this year. I know it's cute and all, but I'm glad I don't have to conform and buy someone some undeserved "love" card and box of chocolates. Don't take my tone the wrong way. I am not walking around hating on love and people who are happy together. I am happy for them. I just think that if you care about someone deeply you should want to do nice things for them through out the year, not just one day. I never did the traditional "V-Day." I bought a card, yes. I don't fancy chocolates much...so I basically treat it like a Birthday or Christmas and buy them a bunch of things they want. Video games, tools, car stuff, cologne, etc. I get uncomfortable in romantic situations, so I usually just passed on the candle lit dinners. Perhaps I went about it all wrong?

              I haven't even started school yet it is always on my mind. I can imagine how bad it'll be when school actually starts. I'm excited to see what my first essay will be.



So I said something to a friend the other day, something to do with people writing essays about how they grew up gay or something to that effect. I remember using the word "cliche'." I am embarrassed that I actually said that. I didn't even put a lot of thought into the words I was saying. I can't believe the person who was saying such things was me.... I have always been a very open minded person. I don't know what came over me. I guess I have just been angry at the world lately. It is not like me to bash people. That day though, I felt very angry... and said things that I didn't actually believe. I don't think there is a way I can tell my friend that what I said I didn't mean, without looking like I am trying to "save myself." I saw the look in his eyes when I was talking, it almost looked like he was disappointed. At the time I didn't care. Now I think I need to learn how to control my impudent tongue. I am usually pretty good at hiding my moods. The only emotions I like for people to see on me is happy, or excited. Anger and sadness are not something people pick up on me, I hide it well I like to think. I just think that even though your sad or mad, you don't have to mope around. I like being optimistic. Usually puts me in a better mood in the end result. I do my emotional thinking on my own time... if that makes any sense? Well, just thought I'd share that.....


No comments:

Post a Comment