Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You could get with this or you could get with that

I went to my tour and interview and SNHU. I fell completely in love with the school during the tour. It has so much to offer. Though I do find that there 5 or 6 food stores/cafeterias a bit too much, but a not deal breaker. When I was finished the tour, I was so ready to just fill out the application. I was even more excited about the interview than ever. When I sat down and started talking, I felt it was going very smooth and I was actually going to be able to go to this school. Unfortunately, the adviser said that he recommended going to a community college first to build up my credits. Also would improve my chances of being able to get a scholarship. I'm not going to lie... I was completely bummed. I have calmed myself though, and realized that it was the best choice. I am probably going to go to MCC (Manchester Community College), and take all my basic classes for a very inexpensive fee. Makes a lot more sense in the long run. Saving money is always a good thing.

Inside I find myself fighting what path I want to take. I originally thought that I would want Forensic Psychology. Now I think I am leaning more towards a Science related degree. This is something that I also enjoy thoroughly. It is going to take me a great deal of time to make this decision. It's only the rest of my life I'm planning, right?

  I wish I could find a decent roommate, so I could get a nice place when I move out. That isn't looking promising though. The best thing I can think of is just living alone. I know I can trust myself. Every time I've moved out in the past I have moved in with someone else, or have gotten a place with someone. All have ended in failure. Plus, I need to learn how to finance with my own money , and not getting help from someone else concerning rent and what not. This will also be a big step for me. If you have read my first post, I stated that at my age I believe that I should be married by now. For my age group at least. So, I didn't see myself having to move into an apartment alone. Figured I'd move in with a significant other, I learned the hard way that the significant other doesn't always stick around. Having a place of my own will be great, lonely, but great. I won't have to worry about someone moving out because of a break up, or me having to move out wich is the usual case. So far 2011 is looking to be the start of something good, maybe a whole new me. I am very curious to see what happens. One step at a time, first things first. Get a car, then get an apartment, than start school. Perhaps a relationship? Hmm, I'd allow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment